DIS2021 starts today, Tuesday 9 March, consisting of five online seminars running every two weeks until Tuesday 4 May. FIPP and VDZ get FREE access while non-members pay a nominal fee of €99 to attend all five seminars. Sign up now to attend all five.
All attendees, FIPP and VDZ members and non-members, will also get a digital edition of FIPP’s Innovation in Media World Report 2021/22, launching at DIS today, 9 March.
- Tuesday 9 March: Launch of the new Innovation Report and discussion of new demands on people, culture, and work. Liz Vaccariello, Editor in Chief of Real Simple, and Dan Wakeford, Editor in Chief of People, both at Meredith Corporation in the US, will join as guest speakers.
- Tuesday 23 March: We look at the explosion of podcasting and consider other audio innovations, such as the rise of Clubhouse. Amy Briggs, Host,Overheard at National Geographic, USA will join us for this conversation alongside potentially one other guest, to be announced.
- Tuesday 6 April: Join us for a conversation on media innovations and responsibilities in the area of sustainability and climate change. Our guest is Andy Marshall, Group Managing Director at Immediate Media Co., UK, a Burda media company.
- Tuesday 20 April: We focus on jaw-dropping innovations in journalism from a creativity and storytelling perspective. Adil Sbai, CEO of weCreate in Austria, will join as guest with one other o be announced soon.
- Tuesday 4 May: We end our DIS seminar-series with a conversation about the five technologies our panellists believe you should think about next. Rebekah Billingsley, Global Innovation Director at Cedar Communications in the UK is a guest. Others will be announced soon.
All seminars start at 9 am EST / 2 pm GMT / 3 pm CET / 7:30 pm IST and run for approximately one hour. They will be hosted by James Hewes, CEO of FIPP, and John Wilpers, Senior Director US at Innovation Media Consulting.
Feel free to get in touch with: