Launched just last month and taking place in October in Berlin, Media Makers Meet (Mx3) is an innovative new event dedicated to B2B and Special Interest media verticals. The preliminary agenda for the convening has now been published, and it includes key insights on a diverse range of monetisation strategies across the B2B world… from mergers and acquisitions (M&A), to successful subscription strategies.
Limited to just 100 senior-level attendees and by invitation-only, FIPP members can benefit from a 20% discount on attendance. The convening is being hosted by Di5rupt – producer of the FIPP World Media Congress – and will see a range of speakers from the likes of Burda Principal Investments, Vogel Communications, and our very own FIPP President & CEO, James Hewes, take to the stage.
To take advantage of the FIPP member offer, simply head to the official event page here, and enter the promo code ‘Di5rupt_20’.
B2B Media Unite!
The B2B sector remains one of the great success stories of the modern media industry. While more consumer-focussed publishers are currently working to adapt their strategies to include a heavier reader-revenue focus ahead of the impending Cookiepocalypse, the B2B side of the industry has longsince dedicated itself to developing niche product and service offerings – and monetising them.
We recently spoke to Josh Rucci, Chief Commercial Officer for Arizent – publisher of American Banker – about the enduring strength of the sector:
“B2B Media, Unite! Back in the day, B2B companies aligned around mediums – print, live events, and perhaps with a skunkworks digital group to serve industry news such as product announcements and personnel moves. The promise to advertisers was brand affinity, against esoteric KPIs.”
“Today, industry execs demand more than news. They seek deeper insights and ideas that will transform their work and careers, irrespective of medium. We aim to solve this through original research, deep journalism, and peer-to-peer access, which is valued by ROI-obsessed subscribers and marketers alike.”
Back-to-Business… but not as we know it!
While still being finalised, the preliminary agenda for Media Makers Meet highlights the diverse – and growing – range of monetisation options available to publishers today, including:
- Reports from the M&A frontline: Why betting on verticals is media savvy.
- View from Burda: Media and tech trends and investments in 2023
- A changing world: Fundamental drivers for sustainable B2B media success
- The specialist media digital transformation playbook
- Fundamentals for developing specialist media subscription strategies
- Newsletters, podcasting and next-gen tech for the niches
- Strategies for platforms, aggregators and behemoths
- The people question: what the next generation of media workers and consumers want
- Build, buy or somewhere in between: optimising the tech stack
- Fundamentals for specialist media revenue diversification
- Who ate the cookies? Monetisation and first-party data strategies for a post-cookie world
- How to survive political and economic headwinds
Post-pandemic, we know that the media world has been reshaped significantly. Mx3’s modern format – which is being staged by Di5rupt in association with Deutsche Fachpresse (the German Business Media Association) and local media partner MVFP (the German Free Press Media Association) – will take place over the course of two concisely-crafted days in Berlin, and provide a fresh approach to what we think of as industry events.
You can find out more about the speakers, the venue, and the preliminary agenda here.